Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pleasent Surprise

I closed the front door to the dance studio and locked it. It was a colder night than I thought while wrapping my arms tightly around myself. I told Soda I wanted to walk home tonight to just get some excercise, but really, I needed to go by a pharmacy. I decided to go to one on our side of town, the prices would be cheap and I wouldn't have to deal with any soc's. I walked inside and proceded to the section where I would find what I wanted. There were so many different choices in front of me. While I contemplated each one of them, I heard the door open and familiar laughter filled the front of the store. It was Kit and Keith. I grabbed the closest thing in front of me and snuck to the back of the store. Every aisle they passed, I went in the opposite direction trying to avoid contact. I finally made it to the front counter and placed my items down to be rang up. I handed the cashier some cash, then grabbed a magazine to hide my face while he bagged it.
"Thank you, come again." he said in a heavy middle-east accent.
"Thanks, have a nice night." I said trying to keep my voice low, but I didn't succeed in getting caught.
"Katie?" I heard Kit call me from behind me.
"Crap.." I muttered under my breath.
"What?" She asked.
"Nothing, hey!" I said smiling and giving her a hug.
"What are you doing here?" She asked. I nonchalantly hid the bag further behind my back.
"Soda..is coming down with the flu, I think. So, I got him some medicine." I said. "What are you doing here?" I asked looking suspiciously between her and Two-bit.
"Candy." Two-bit said.
"Cough medicine?" Kit said, in unison.
"Candie, at a pharmacy." I stated, raising my eyebrow. I eyeballed a condom pack in Two-Bit's hand and felt really awkward. "I'm just gonna..I should be getting back home to Soda." I said quickly walking out of the store.
I heard Kit as I walked away, "Candie? Really?" I heard her ask him. I laughed as soon as I got outside, and continued my cold walk home. Before I walked inside our house, I tucked the pharmacy bag in my jacket.
"Hey." Soda greeted me at the door and kissed me. "How was your day?"
"Good. Really good. Actually, a little tiring. I'm gonna go take a bath." I said and brushed passed him.
"Okay.." He said, sounding a little confused.
I rushed to the bathroom in anxious and nervousness, and shut the door but it wouldn't lock. I panicked a little, but continued anyways. I pulled the bag out of my jacket and ripped it open, allowing a little box to fall to the ground. I picked it up and opened it; three little objects falling out into the sink. Three pregnancy tests. I stood in front of them then slowly opened and took each one. 10 minutes, I read off the box. I sat down on the side of the bathtub and waited. And waited. And waited. For what seemed like 5 hours, only 2 minutes had passed by. I started becoming aggitated and decided to take a quick shower. I made sure I took my time so I wouldn't still be waiting for the stupid tests. I finished and wrapped a towel around my body, then checked them. There they were; the two solid pink lines that would change my life forever, on all three tests.
"Katie?" I heard Soda's voice coming down the hall. He burst through the door and there I was standing in a towel with three pregnancy tests. "What's going on?" he asked. I started crying. "What's wrong?"
"I'm pregnant." I said smiling.
"What? Are you sure?" He said walking into the bathroom and looking at the tests. "Oh my gosh..You're pregnant!" he said then picked me up and hugged me. I hugged him back. "Wait, why are you crying?" he said setting me down and whiping my tears.
"I'm happy, trust me. I'm just scared.." My voice trailed off.
"Nothing's going to happen this time, I promise you. We'll be okay." he said hugging me and kissing my forehead.
So there's your post Kitty :)
~Katie Curtis

11 comments:

  1. Ohmygod! Welcome to the Mommy club :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha man soda can hardly babysit blaze alone.. haha.. but its a good thing u guys r happy about it i guess..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how my first thought this time was happy, instead of scared :) I love you Katie, and im excited that were finally having a family together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww I feel like I'm the only one with a Older kid haha well if you guys need anything you know where to find me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayness! I'm gonna be Epic Awesome Aunt Kitty!!!! And Katie, you can take over the pregnancy pact with B! My hero.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dal thats different cause ill try harder with my kid, I dont care if i screw yours up :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWWWWWWWWW YESSSSSS! You should buy Katie her own personal bullet proof maternity wear, Soda. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahah soda you're nice! and finalllyyYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im excited :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. U don't care about my kid? Do u want me to beat ur face in

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha! Guys, this is supposed to be HAPPY.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dal we all CARE about Blaze, now shut up.

    ReplyDelete